Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today is the day…

The Cold Kiss is finally, and officially, a published novel. I’ve talked before about how great a feeling it is to walk into the stores and see your book on the shelves, but I discovered an even better feeling today when I went into the same stores and was told they’d sold out and that they've been "selling like crazy," and now had the book on back order. While I’m sure this has more to do with the News Story that ran last week than anything else, it’s still nice to hear.

I’ve also been amazed by all the emails, comments, tweets and blog posts today from friends and strangers congratulating me and wishing me luck with the book. I can be a pretty reserved guy, and I don’t comment a lot on blogs (even this one), but I do read as many as I can, and I’m humbled by the support. So, thank you to everyone who picked up the book, reviewed it, recommended it, or even just took the time to send good wishes my way. You’ve all helped make a great day even better.

Speaking of blogs, the good people over at Do Some Damage let me pop in and talk a little about the background of The Cold Kiss. If you're not familiar with that blog, bookmark it. There are some great writers over there, and you'll want to go back.

2 comments:

Graham Powell said...

Congrats, John, and as with birthdays, here's hoping for many more.

Rod Norman said...

John, Terrific Book & cant wait to read The Grove...I read "THE COLD KISS" in one sitting. Great stuff!