Monday, April 25, 2011

A long overdue update

Hi everyone… Sorry for the long delay between posts. I blame edits, life, etc…

Anyway, a quick update.

I finished edits on my third novel. It’s called ALREADY GONE, and it’ll be released in the US and available in stores on October 25th this year, and in the UK, Australia, etc, on December 8th.

Here’s the cover and a short description:

- - -




Jake Reese is a writing teacher at an American university. He lives in a small brick Tudor close to campus with his art buyer wife, Diane. His life is quiet – ordinary even. And he likes it that way. But it wasn’t always quiet. Jake’s distant past was a life on the streets, inflicting damage and suffering on more people than he can count. And now someone from his past, it seems, has come looking for him.

A raw, gripping thriller about the price paid for past sins, John Rector’s third novel is a live wire that crackles with the intensity of a man with nothing left to lose. When two men attack Jake in a parking lot and cut off his finger, he tries to dismiss it as an unlucky case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But when events take a more sinister turn and Diane goes missing, Jake knows he can no longer hide from the truth. As he embarks on a mission to find his wife, he realizes his dark past is refusing to stay buried, and that his future is about to unfold in ways he could never have imagined.

Taut and brooding, Rector paints a formidable portrait of a reformed man’s slow descent into a life he thought he had walked away from forever. As the intensity becomes almost unbearable, the pace quickens and the suspense applies an unrelenting, vice-like grip, as Already Gone hurtles toward its ultimate, explosive climax.


- - -

In other news, The Grove was picked up by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, who will re-publish and re-distribute the print version later this fall. Anyone familiar with my story knows The Grove was my first novel that no one would publish, so I released it myself. The Grove has since been a bestselling indie eBook, it was picked up by Simon and Schuster in the UK, and it’s been published by Amazonencore in the US. Now, with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt stepping in, The Grove has yet another life ahead, and that'll give it the chance to go wider and reach even more readers.

On top of that great news, I also learned that The Grove is going to be published in Turkey later this year. I don't have all the details yet, but I'll pass them along when I get them.

- - -

Tomorrow, April 26th, is the official release day for the paperback edition of The Cold Kiss. I haven’t seen the actual book yet (ahem, ???), but I have all the faith in the world that a big box of books is going to land on my porch today so I can see them before they hit stores tomorrow.

That’s right, folks… all the faith in the world.


Here’s that cover…

- - -



- - -

I also noticed Tor/Forge dropped the price of the eBook to a very reasonable $7.99, which makes me very happy.

- - -

Ok, that’s about it for now.

For those of you in Texas, I’ll be in Austin this weekend for the World Horror Convention, and I’ll unofficially stop by Book People on Saturday to see friends and sign stock. If you’re around, come by the hotel and say hello. As with all conventions, I’ll be in the bar.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

John,

Best of luck with sales for the paperback edition.

Very excited to read the third novel. I'm sure it will kick as much ass as the first 2 did. I will be looking to get a copy the minute it comes out.

Keep the new posts coming!

John Rector said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I appreciate it. And I'll do my best to keep up with new posts.

Frank Bill said...

This is good to see, John. The new novel sounds pretty bad ass! Hope you're well.

jedidiah ayres said...

Sweet