Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thomas & Mercer

Today Amazon announced their fifth publishing imprint, Thomas & Mercer, and I’m thrilled that my third novel, Already Gone, will be one of the first titles they publish.

It was a tough decision to leave Tor/Forge, but I know it was the right one for me. Amazon’s dedication to their books and their authors is unmatched, and I couldn’t be happier.

Here are a couple dates:

Already Gone will be released in the US on October 25th 2011, and in the UK through Simon and Schuster on December 8th 2011.

The Grove will be re-released in the US through Houghton Mifflin Harcourt on October 4th 2011. It will also be released for the first time in the UK through Simon and Schuster sometime in 2012.

Next week I’ll be in New York for Book Expo America, and I’ll be signing ARC’s of Already Gone at the Amazon booth on Thursday the 26th at 1:00. If you’re there, stop by and say hello.

3 comments:

Erik Smetana said...

Congrats! Great news.

Nina said...

With more annoucements coming of recognizable authors going to Amazon, I'm curious about the ebooks. Will they only be available for Kindle, or are authors keeping their rights to still distribute through other formats?

John Rector said...

Thanks, Erik...

Nina, with so much happening so quickly, who knows what the model will look like in a year. I know Amazon has been good about offering my books without DRM, so they can be formatted and read on other readers. As far as their plans to sell the book on iBooks and the B&N site, I know as much as you. I don't speak for Amazon, so I have no idea if that's something they're looking to do in the future. I hope it is, because like any writer I want to see my books everywhere, but if it's not, I'm more than happy being Kindle exclusive.