Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Big Week

My novel, The Grove, hit #1 on the Amazon bestseller list this week.



I really want to thank the readers out there who picked up a copy and made this happen. This was a huge milestone for me, and I’m still in shock and still grinning like a fool.

Lost in that great news, I also released a collection of my early, dark suspense stories on Monday. The collection is called The Walls Around Us, and it’s available as an ebook through Amazon. If you're interested in seeing what I was writing when I first started, this will show you.

Next Week is Bouchercon, and I have a few appearances lined up.

First, I’ll be reading at Noir @ the Bar on Wednesday night, 9/14. The reading starts at 8:00PM, and the address is: Meshuggah CafĂ©, 6269 Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis, MO. (314-726-5662). The guys have been on me for a couple years to come out and do one of these, and I’m excited the stars have finally aligned. Now I can see for myself if the rumors are true.

On Thursday 9/15, I’ll be on the BAD SEED (Sex, Violence, and Everything that makes a book great) panel from 9:00PM – 10:00PM along with Christa Faust, Chris Holm, Scott Phillips, Benjamin Whitmer, Jonathan Woods, and S.J. Rozan. Scott Montgomery from Austin’s Book People is moderating this one, and from what I’ve been told, there’s a bar in the room. This one should be fun.

On Saturday 9/17, I’ll be on the BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN (The Troubled Protagonist) panel from 2:30PM - 3:30PM along with Chelsea Cain, Kevin Guilfoile, Sophie Hannah, and Katia Lief. Jordan Foster is moderating this one.

I hope to see everyone at the panels. If not, I’ll be in the signing room after each one if you want to stop by and say hello.

3 comments:

Ben said...

It made me very happy to see you kick Kathryn Stockett's ass. Proved that the best writing gets on top when you eliminate the corporate push

John Mantooth said...

This is just insane. Here's to many more successes. Congrats, John.

Kathie Friedley said...

I am in Guatemala, and I rely on my Kindle when I am down here to find books in English. I was so happy to encounter The Grove, which was both highly rated and the best bargain in Christendom at 99 cents.

I really enjoyed it. I can't recall another novel that blends so skillfully so many mystery subgenres -- noir, psychological thriller, a bit of horror and the supernatural. Very, very good. More, please. Movie, too?

Starting The Cold Kiss now...

Re The Grove: movie